Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tacky, colorful, crazy...I just LOVE this stuff!
















2 or 3 nights ago I woke around 4 am and could not get back to sleep. For some strange reason I started thinking about a card that I bought at least 4 years ago with an image of Our Lady of Guadelupe. Hmm...I hadn't even looked at the card in a couple of years but there it was in the back of my head that cold and dark morning! Anyhow I got to thinking how fab it would look on some hot pink velveteen so I just had to get up and see for sure. Yep it did look good and I had all the trim I needed to make a really fun shoulder bag!





Growing up in San Diego my parents always took us in to Tijuana and Mexico. The colors were incredible, especially to a young kid, and the taxicabs & busses were outrageous! They were painted in brilliant colors and had dingle ball fringe hanging form the windshields. There were always a few chickens inside too! So that's why I call my latest handbag the TiaJuana Taxicab!





PS There are no chickens in it!





XXOO Valentina

No comments:

Post a Comment