Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring is here!



I'm sure there there are lots of you who feel exactly the same but when Spring finally gets here I feel like a bear coming out of hibernation! Not that our winters are so awful here in Southern California (they're actually really pretty nice) but when the flowers start blooming and the days are longer it's time to enjoy the sun and get some of those outdoor projects done!

That's what we did this weekend with the help of hubby Rick's really good friend Jeff. We'd still be working on the project if it wasn't for him!

The patio furniture that Rick painstakenly sanded and varnished a little over a year ago was looking pretty sad from being outside in the rain so 'we' decided to paint it! I'm pretty handy but when the guys start a project like this it seems we girls can't do anything right so I just let them go with it! BTW I got the fun job of spraypainting a cute bakers rack...PINK!

On my way to get more paint from Home Depot, our neighbor was having a garage sale and she had a cedar chest that was free so I scooped it up and surprised the guys with another thing to paint! And yes I am still here to tell you about it! I've been wanting to get a chest to use outside to store all those ugly things like the BBQ chimney etc so this was perfect! Isn't free just THE BEST?

To be honest I'm not that happy with the color of the furniture but there was NO way I was going to tell the guys. I like them both and do want to stay married so no worries I'll just get some cute cushions! Woohoo, a reason to go shopping!

I hope you all enjoy this beautiful time of year!

XXOO Valentina



No comments:

Post a Comment