Saturday, April 16, 2011

Shameless Family Plug

Can I brag about my family for a bit? My darling hubby Rick is fishing a Halibut Tournament today and I sure hope he wins because he promised me we'd take that money and go to our favorite little island in the Bahamas, Great Guana Cay! I really want to be on this beach and swimming in this water! Good luck Honey!






Yesterday I received an email from my beautiful sister in law Mandy who lives in Australia with my brother Rex and their 3 adorable kids. She's one of the 4 founding members of the Take Three Iniative. They won a $50,000 grant from the Taronga Zoo! They were picked out of hundreds of applicants. I guess this thing is really taking off too. It's a GREAT program. You can check it out at take 3 initiative Good on ya Mands!

By the way, that's my youngest brother Rex with Mandy who shapes surfboards for his company RMS in Australia. He's a very talented shaper and a great guy, pretty cute too! He's actually the 'real' businessman in the family!


In addition to growing the most incredible vegetables, my brother Peter has been super busy making boutique guitar amplifiers. I have no idea how he knows how to build them but he is, after all, the family brainiac! Sorry don't have any photos of him working in his laboratory. (You gotta say that with a Bela Lugosi accent!)

Then there's my brother Tony who has to be one of the most creative people I know. In addition to doing really fun and funky paintings (in like 15 minutes!) he makes the most incredible coffee tables that look like vintage surfboards!


He also restores old cars...he's working on a 91 BMW convertible-so cute-and a 64 Olds 98 right now. And check out the greenhouse he did out of old windows! I want to live there!

BTW that's his little Jack Russel Molly making sure that the bunnies don't eat the lettuce. Well more likely she's on her way over for a belly rub!

Just wanted to write about how lucky I am to have a wonderfully creative and most of all kind family.

Thanks Mom & Dad!

XXOO Valentina

No comments:

Post a Comment